Wednesday 25 May 2016

My Lord

Lord there is a monster inside my chest

Always catching me at my worst
For what even is sleep when im dead
because yes
im a mess
for i must confess
i dont know 
my whats and hows
or my whys that are the reason behind my unrest
Here are my hands, can you hear the pounding in my head
for my minds working overtime for ideas that are dead
dead ideas, from a mouth unopened
unsaid 
words and thoughts that go to the grave
ghosts follow with every step i take
for these are pasts, memories too buried to bring back up again

Theres an invisible rope around my neck lord
its a noose tightening every second
the rope burns remind me of memories
stories
that i am but a walking book
with worthless words unread
for unlike stories that shook the heart
i dont feel anything
im not fine my lord
im not okay

I havent moved in a while lord
I have buried myself in a coffin
the rust has settled around the edges
someone hear me scream

for through this dust and sorrow
i want to make it clear
that i am no trophy to be won
for i cant be won
i cant win
so what will i do living
when dying is always what i choose
but i wont lose
just because i cant win
because ill stay alive
until the time is right

But lord the monster in my chest
doesnt like my words
its laughing at my thoughts
that people love me
i know they do
but they dont love me
enough
to get through
this darkness
do you love me lord?

i am my own poison
for these monsters toxic thoughts
fills me with depression, anxiety and mania
for i know i am not fine
and i know it will end up 
with me killing myself
with the hands that grapple my own chest
when im struggling to breathe

for you see lord
i am my own weapon
i hold my own dagger, my own life
but sometimes losing is easier than winning
for my mind, this monster, my lord
is the cause of my disease
i am not fine lord
so wont you come and see?
for i do believe it is finally my time
to let go of my release


-3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...