Monday 26 February 2018

All the reasons

If i could list all the reasons why it's worth loving you
I wonder if id just end up running out of words to say
Words that dont do justice to the way you make me feel
Words that dont get told end of the day

Sometimes when i tell you i love you i want to say more
Maybe i want to tell you i love you for keeping up with my antics
8 in the morning, our bodies curled up against each other
I want to tell you i love you for being with me

Sometimes i want to tell you i love you more than you understand
The way i take your hand and rest it on my heart
Do you realize just the way you make me feel?
Especially how miserable i get the moment we part

I wish youd ask me to tell you the reasons youre worth loving
And id sit down and write down each one
Make you read and understand in that pretty little head
That youre more than just a beautiful face .

Sometimes i want to growl out loud
And hide you from the predators lurking in the shadows
That hit you up and dish out pretty words
And makes me want to hide you in my arms

Then there are days when i say i love you in my sleep
A mumble, a little groan and then the start of my snoring
The way you kiss my hair and run your fingers through
Your whispered mumblings make me smile in my dreams

I hope you understand the ways i love you
The way i stop you in the street to kiss you breathless
I hope you realize how much i love you
Because my love for you is endless.

3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner child

Oh my friend, my familiar friend I've picked up this pen to write  Too many thoughts of you  Too many anger-filled words Too many sorrow...